ENERGY STAR Advanced Lighting Package
What is the ENERGY STAR ALP?
An ENERGY STAR Advanced Lighting Package is a construction option that can be selected by homebuyers to upgrade fixtures commonly used in the home with quality high efficiency, ENERGY STAR qualified models.
Your home's lighting increases the ease with which you perform tasks, makes you feel safe and comfortable, and helps create your desired atmosphere in every room. Lighting adds beauty and drama. It can make a small room look open and airy, and make a large room appear cozy and inviting.
Of course, it costs money to keep your home filled with light. You use more energy overall to light your home than run your refrigerator 24 hours a day! Choosing an ENERGY STAR Advanced Lighting Package can cut this energy use and these costs. View the ENERGY STAR Advanced Lighting Package Savings Look-Up Tool to see potential energy bill savings. (Download the PDF Reader by clicking on this link):
Benefits of the ENERGY STAR Advanced Lighting Package
- Lower Energy Bills. ENERGY STAR qualified lighting operates more efficiently than standard lighting, and uses much less energy - about 2/3 less. This reduces your electricity bills, and puts more cash in your pocket each month.
- Immediate Cost Advantage. The ENERGY STAR Advanced Lighting Package costs less to operate than a standard lighting package. This is because the incremental cost of the Advanced Lighting Package is offset by the money you save each month with lower energy bills. Advanced, higher quality lighting that actually costs you less - now there's a bright idea!
- Comfort. Lighting products that have earned the ENERGY STAR generate about 70 percent less heat than standard incandescent lighting. This means they are cool to the touch, keep your home more comfortable, and help reduce home cooling costs. By choosing to add ENERGY STAR qualified ceiling fans, light kits and ENERGY STAR qualified ventilating fans in your Advanced Lighting Package, you will save even more.
- Convenience. ENERGY STAR fixtures must last at least 10,000 hours. This means, with regular use (i.e., four hours per day), you won't need to change the bulb for at least seven years. Compare this to the number of times you'd have to climb a ladder to change standard incandescent bulbs!
- Quality. Quality is built into the ENERGY STAR guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to give the assurance of bright, warm, long-lasting lighting. ENERGY STAR qualified lighting fixtures also meet strict EPA criteria for efficacy (lumens per Watt), color rendition, and color temperature, Fixtures that have earned the ENERGY STAR are also flicker free, emit no hum, start instantly, and come with a two-year warranty, which is double the industry standard.
Copyright 2012 Ronald Sauve All Rights Reserved
This page was last modified on April 06, 2012
Bookmark this site